Computer Software Help
The following can be done to speed up a computer that runs Windows software.
Start > Control Panel >:
1. Display (Appearance and Personalization) > Desktop (Personalization) > Background (Change desktop background): [None]. This should free up memory.
2. Hardware and Sound > Power Options: High Performance
3. Add or Remove Programs (Programs) > Remove rarely used programs. This will free up disk space and could free up memory.
Fast Internet Browsing:
1. In Windows Internet Explorer 8 > Tools > [Optional: Internet Options > Programs] > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions > Disable unused add-ons.
In Mozilla Firefox > Tools > Options > Manage Add-ons > Disable unused add-ons.
2. In Windows Internet Explorer 8 > Tools > General > Browsing history: Delete Temporary Internet files, Cookies and History.
In Mozilla Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy >:
Remember my browsing history for at least 1 days. |
Accept cookies from sites > Keep until I close Firefox. |
Clear history when Firefox closes. |
Computer Software Resources:
Access Database Repair - Offers a utility designed to restore corrupt or damaged Access database files, recovering table data and all other elements. |
Unistal Systems - Data Recovery Software - Offers state-of-the-art services geared to handle complex conditions. We do our best to deliver the most professional, quick and safest data recovery service for Windows 7, Windows 9x, Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, SCO, Sun Solaris, Macintosh, OS/2 and Novell Netware. |
Access Password Recovery - Advanced tool easily unlocks MDB files and recovers database passwords. The reason for not having a password would be because it was lost or forgotten. Supports all versions of Access Database. |
"Whether it's Google or Apple or free software, we've got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes." - Bill Gates
"I had a TV set and a typewriter and that made me think a computer should be laid out like a typewriter with a video screen." - Steve Wozniak